Monday, September 10, 2007

Blog #5 Things

In my bedside table is a banner. It is about three feet long and reads "Thanks Mom for a great summer!". My son PJ made this for me in August of 2005, a month before he turned 12. He also made me a personalized calendar for the coming year with August 19 designated "Mom's special day", and a certificate, which I framed, that I was awarded "for being the best mom a kid could ever have". The certificate hangs on the wall on my side of the bed.



I always made sure summers were full of fun for my boys. The summer of 2005 was great. The summer of 2006 was good, but not as fun as I had just started my job at EMMC and didn't have as much time to spend with them. The summer of 2007 was boring for my boys as I was gone 50 hours a week between school and work. I did it for them, but it was hard for them to understand when they were sitting home, bored. Needless to say, I didn't earn any banners or certificates either summer, and had to work on my designated "mom's special day."



The summer of 2007 is pretty much over, and a new school year has begun. When this school year ends, I can't wait for summer of 2008 to come. I'm going to earn myself another banner and certificate.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

I can't believe you working so hard wouldn't earn you at least a certificate!