Thursday, October 18, 2007

Redo of Graf #10

I have to say that I love the internet! When I was in high school twenty years ago, research involved getting at least fifty pounds of books from the library. I would then spend hours going through each book, sometimes getting only one page of information out of a 300 page book. My kids have no idea how good they have it - they grab their laptops, curl up on the couch by the woodstove, and within an hour they have a ton of sources for their projects. I definitely believe that having such great access to information via the internet promotes better research and more informative reports.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Plus back in the day you had to face down the dragon librarians who never believed a word you'd say and who hovered over your shoulder.....