Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Graf 11

The one thing that that was a thorn in my side during this course was the dreaded I-search. I had a horrific time trying to find something worth writing about, and ended up settling on finding the perfect job for me. I think that I would have been happier with a different subject, but my first three ideas didn't pan out and I was stressed about submitting my subject too late. Actually, to this day I still can't figure out what subject I could have come up with that would have been better. One subject I thought of and turned down involved researching the best solution to our vacant house in Hudson, either sell it and pay capital gains or try renting it for a few more years. The subject seemed too dry for me. Thank God the I-search is finished, and I did learn a thing or two while doing it.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Oh gawd, marj, I love that vacant-house topic! There is sometimes something called the spirit-of-the-doorknob which means that just as the person reaches for the doorknob to leave (which is exactly what you are doing in graf 11) they drop the bomb, tell the important thing, lay out the perfect topic.... I'm laughing, shaking my head as I laugh. What an isearch....