Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Course evaluation

I have really enjoyed this course, except for the I-search project. I was very nervous before this course began in August. I HATED english in high school! It was never about what you wanted to write - it was always what the teacher wanted to read. I was pleasantly surprised that this course would be different, and even more surprised when the words came out of me to create all the grafs, essays, prompts and freestyles. This course was definitely worth the time and money. For one thing, it's required, but also through this class I discovered that I could write. The only thing I didn't like was the mandatory I-search, with it's picky formats and sections. That was one of the things I hated about high school english, but it's over, and I made it through relatively unscathed. Now I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

"It was never about what you wanted to write - it was always what the teacher wanted to read." Oh, very very nicely put and how true!